Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

An Example of Positive Splits and Better Things

So happy during the first few miles!
(I'm the nerd in the pink.)
I hobbled around for the first day, (other than a walk and moving from class to class) didn't move much the second day, can't even remember yesterday (oh ya, I ate everything in the apartment), and today went on my first run post marathon!
Walk on the sand, day two after marathon.









It was obviously slower and more relaxed than a normal run.  The depressing funny thing was, it was at the same pace as my marathon -________-

If you ever want an example of positive splits, refer to this post:

*Woo hoo I'll pace the first half under 8*
7:47, 7:51, 7:50, 7:49, 7:55, 7:57, 7:50, 8:00

*Ok, I banked a little time and my side hurts, I can slow it down for a little*
8:11, 8:15, 8:15, 8:08, 8:23, 8:26, 8:57 (and here we go)

^~!#*%$&$*@$
9:08, 8:53, 9:22, 10:32, 11:02 (ugh), 11:06, 12:21 (note: this was not a walk)

12:16, 11:57, 11:25, 11:29, 8:57 (haha)

Such a great progressive run! Went from the 7s to the 8s to the 9s, briefly to the 10s, to the 11s, to the 12s!
------------------------

On a more positive note, I am so excited for my friend Kristy! She is training for her first half on October 13th!  She is running Long Beach (which is my favorite half eveRRR) and I just know she is going to kill it.


It is so fun talking about shoes, GU, workouts, chaffing (fun is a relative word), and everything running with her.


I will be pacing the 1:50 half for AREC.  Excited to have the opportunity to do this.





It's crazy how October seems so far away, but when you look at it in terms of when a race is, it seems so much closer.



Have a great Thursday!

P.S.
Yesterday was the first time I took my car through a cash wash.  It was an impulsive/expensive (for me) decision, but now it looks amazing.  

Drive-thru car wash, yay or nay?








No comments:

Post a Comment