Pages

Saturday, September 21, 2013

ENTHRALLING STUFF

Warning: This post will be all over the place, so if you are very organized and ADD about it- skip it now.  It's not worth the pain and torture (or is it)


.

Anyway,

1- I am really excited to have the opportunity to pace the 1:50 pace group for the Long Beach half.  As many runners understand, I am extremely nerdy when it comes to my Garmin.  Not only that, but it's one of the BFFs.  I named it Gary awhile back, and still have not changed it's (his) name.  Yes we may face difficult challenges together, but that is expected in a serious relationship.  Gary isn't beautiful anymore; I did fall and scratch him once (twice) but that is just the way life is.  Some people may call him ugly and huge, but I think he's perfect.

The point is, it's fun to play around with paces and Gary helps a lot with that.

Thought this would lighten up the mood.
The things this girl brings
 up though, I swear.
2- I locked my keys in my car. Again.  This only happens (for the most part) when I have a lot on my mind.  Of course I had TONS of studying to be doing, and had none of it with me.  Luckily I had my insurance card in my purse and called, not going to name drop but MERCURY insurance, to get someone to help me out.  My spare key is in a different city right now, long story, so that wasn't an option.  I tried to break into my car in many different ways and it just wasn't happening.

Sorry to anyone who had to witness my attempted break-ins into my own car.  After MERCURY explained to me to make sure I stayed put by my car and that the help would be there in 20-30 minutes, I sat on a curb for over an hour and played Candy Crush.  That's a lie, my lives were over in 15 minutes, so I had to go on Instagram, runnersworld.com, and engage in other important activities Iphone related.  At this point, I am obviously starving because it's been an hour and I need some fuel, hello.  I receive a phone call from MERCURY asking how my completed service went.  THE FLIP.  I call them back, and after being on hold for a while, a lady asks me for all my information again, and after explaining again to her that I have a hip and trendy '87 Stanza, she informs me it will be there in 10-15 minutes. And to make sure I STAY BY MY CAR.

50 minutes later of pacing up and down the street, going crazy, I see a tow truck next to my car.  So I sprint over and the guy opens my door (passenger side because my drivers side is stuck forever closed for some strange reason) then jets off.

There is no moral to this story, it was just a vent.  I apologize.  And I know you are wondering if I got food- I did, no worries.


3- MASSAGES
Is it worth it? (So unrelated, I love it.)
I had a Living Social deal for a Therapeutic, or a "this-is-going-to-hurt-but-pretend-to-enjoy-it" massage.  It actually felt amazing after, I was a little sore but it did loosen everything up.  All-in-all the massage was great!  The only problem I had with the entire experience was the somewhat-intense elevator music playing in the background.  I did not want to be rude, so I did not say anything.  Truth- I thought the music might put the one giving me the massage in her "massage zone" so I kept quiet.  I think music is a key part of a massage though, so if you own a massage parlor, keep that in mind.  Just a little advice from a senior marketing major who very rarely gets massages.


HAVE A GREAT SATURDAY! Because, why not?  Enjoy the weekends, even if you work.  That's why they were invented: to be enjoyed.  (Just go along with it, or believe it and it will be true)

*Apologies for gramatical errors*






































No comments:

Post a Comment